Date: 25th – 28th November 2023
The hand that clings too tightly to familiar things cannot open to grasp something new. It is only by letting go of worldly distractions that we can find true peace. This retreat introduces the concept of Bardo – the liminal state between death and rebirth that animates the Tibetan Book of the Dead – and guides participants towards understanding and acceptance of life’s eternal transience.
Over the course of four days, Geshe La leads retreat participants on a journey of understanding through meditation, contemplation, breath work and mantras. Taking place at Amantaka in the Buddhist city of Luang Prabang, the programme is divided into two halves: The first focuses on cultivating a sense of calm in body and mind; the second explores mortality through mindfulness, teaching how to live a more fulfilled life by accepting what comes after it.
- Three nights’ accommodation
- One 90-minute Aman signature Grounding massage on the day of arrival
- Daily 60-minute group lesson: morning meditation and breathing
- Workshops on day 2 – 3: Calm breath, calm mind part one and two, Calm abiding meditation, Insight meditation, Meditation with sound and mantra.
- Daily 90-minute group lesson: evening chanting, mantra and meditation
- Daily use of hydrotherapy facilities at leisure
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- Transfers to and from the airport
Price Guide: $3,500 per person (Based on Double Occupancy)