Chronic Pain Management
Ananda in the Himalayas
Escape to the Himalayan Foothills overlooking the spiritual town of Rishikesh and the Ganges river valley. Begin your journey to reduced pain at one of the best luxury wellness retreats in the world.
This fully individualised treatment plan delves into identifying and treating the source of pain through physiotherapy, ayurvedic therapies, stress-relieving yoga and an anti-inflammatory diet. The program takes a comprehensive approach to reduce pain, enhance mobility of stiff joints and boost physical functions in order to achieve results.
An introductory 5-night program would be suitable for those who have experienced 2-4 years of discomfort or non-chronic conditions. Muscular pain is treated with specialised physiotherapy sessions and ayurvedic therapies with advice for ongoing management.
A 7-night comprehensive program is designed for non-degenerative conditions and musculoskeletal trouble that has been a concern for 5-6 years; using physiotherapy and ayurvedic treatments that involve manipulation of the soft tissues to relieve tension, spasms and stress and anti-rheumatic yoga sessions to release stiff joints and reduce pain.
The 14-night program is ideal for those with six years of ongoing pain or a neurological and neuro-muscular pain. Physiotherapy will mobilise the joints, induce relaxation, alleviate pain, reduce soft tissue swelling and inflammation.
Individualised exercises are completed with expert guidance along with a routine for continued management at home; this is specially aimed towards people with chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and chronic neck and lower back pain.
The retreat inclusions provide an example of what can be built into your bespoke retreat. Contact our Wellness Travel Specialists to design & fully tailor the experience.
For 14 nights:
· Pre-arrival wellness questionnaire
· Pre-arrival lifestyle and diet guidelines (7 days prior to programme)
· Return transfers from Dehradun airport or Haridwar Railway Station
· Individual Ayurvedic consultation
· Fitness/Physiotherapy consultation and tests, where required
· Daily morning wake up signature tea and fresh fruit bowl.
· Breakfast, lunch and dinner Ananda Rejuvenation Spa meals
· Daily use of the Hydrotherapy facilities including: steam room, sauna, cold plunge pool and Kneipp Hydrotherapy foot bath
· Scheduled group Spa Lifestyle and Wellness activities including daily: Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation, Vedanta lectures and Fitness. Also weekly: Cooking demonstrations, Wellness lectures, trek to Kunjapuri Mountain top and temple and cultural performances
· 12 x Physiotherapy sessions
· 18 x Ayurvedic treatments
· 6 x Personal Yoga or fitness sessions
· The 5 and 7 night programs have different inclusions
- $8,400 USD pp (based on one person)
- $5,600 USD pp (based on two people sharing)
14-day programme and accommodation
Chronic Pain Management, India
Ananda in the Himalayas
Ananda in the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, India, is one of the world's leading wellness hotels, hosting luxury retreats for yoga, meditation and ayurveda.
Fill in your details and one of our travel experts will be in contact to help create your wellness getaway.
More wellness retreats at this hotel
EXPERT TRAVEL GUIDANCE SINCE 1970
tHE Health Travel WAY
A handpicked collection of world's best wellness experiences, fully tailored to you.
GIVING YOU MORE
Industry-leading affiliations and added benefits, from upgrades to spa and restaurant credit.
Internationally recognised by leading travel brands, including Virtuoso.
Every flight and package booked is ATOL protected,